The new year will bring changes as I work to blend this blog and my writing collection, Afternoon Tea.
In the meantime, I will be continuing a blog hiatus for these last few weeks of the year. You can catch up on the posts you may have missed during this first year of Darla Writes.
A good place to start is with this list: My top 20 posts, in order of popularity. Enjoy!
- Ten questions I’ll be asking a published author
- MacBook Air: Your dream writing machine
- Write stories using the hero’s journey storyboard template
- Writing Quote for the Week: C.S. Lewis
- Copyright basics for writers: What is copyright?
- Free download: My word count planner
- Start building your online presence: Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- The basics of a writer’s query letter
- Friday the 13th: 13 tips from famous writers
- Writing Quote for the Week: Ray Bradbury
- Are you ready to share your writing online?
- Practice the craft of writing in your everyday work
- Book press release: A publisher’s promo tool
- John Steinbeck on getting started with writing
- Writers, rejection, and the Stockdale paradox
- Create a map of your novel’s world
- An overview of the book publishing contract
- Organize your writing with Scrivener
- Grammar check: Spot a split infinitive
- Todoist: A free online to-do list for writing tasks